Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/23/2014 1:25 am  #11

Re: Canada - Steven and Mandy McRae

Gosh, ya know, I'm kinda wondering if Mandy and Tip Top (the "Ry So Valid" character on here that posted cheerful Nazi pictures for us) are talking about different things, maybe? They're both so enigmatic and whispery, maybe they are both just super confused and trying hard not to give it away. And what exactly does this have to do with Church of Wells? Well, nothing. Just a little fun distraction.

In the meantime, be sure to check out all of Mandy and Steven's most recent defense of Church of Wells. Well, Mandy, more than Steven; looks like Mandy wears the pants in that family. Man, it looks like they're ready to move to Wells any day, along with the Australian migration to Wells, Texas. But they're Canadian or something, so probably not so easy. 

Here's Mandy scolding about how no one's listening to The Children of God and The Servants of the Lord are being rejected and ridiculed (she probably means she and her husband Steven and the Church of Wells group, right?)  Clean For Life, Rec.1  How everyone thinks they're Christian, but really are not.

But here's the Million Dollar Question that these prophets and Remnant and Servants of the Lord never tell: who ARE the "real" Christians and how would the rest of us become real Christians? How does the rest of the world do that? Like Tony Miano and Pastor Jon Speed...and Tip Top and me? Is that only possible with the blessing of Sean Morris and Mandy McRae? Do I have to move to Wells or Horse Lake off the Cariboo Highway in First Nations territory?

And how do the First Nations people feel about it all - do they know their traditional lands are the new Israel? Seriously, do you have any respect for the bands whose ancestral lands you presently occupy? Do you have any sensitivity that all of this 'Black Robe'/Puritan stuff already happened for them? They've been forced to live it for a couple hundred years. Will you be translating your sermons and lectures into the indigenous language? Do you know what that is?

Got goose bumps or tingly-ghosty feelings, maybe a little prophetic gifts happening where you feel the ghosts of the Old Ones of the Five Bands Society underneath that cabin? Maybe Steven sees them in the mist as he looks out across the lake...

2/24/2014 3:45 pm  #12

No clarity on that for us today. No answer to that question.

Today is mutterings about Jezebel and True Saving Faith. Which seems to have something to do with familiarity breeding contempt idleness breeding laziness.
Somebody tell me, what is with the 2,000 years of Christian fixation on Ahab's sexy wife?! Yeesh, let's talk about something else!

Yeah, I don't get this. I think it's backwards: comfort breeds laziness, which breeds idleness. Sleep = death? No. It doesn't. Sleep = health. Either way, idleness → death? How about 'the spirit is weak, but the flesh is willing'.

Although Steven has these adages set off by quotation marks, I couldn't find the source of these little gems anywhere. I kinda think it might be Steven's original work and he's being modest.

I did find some other wonderful stuff that may be of service.

And there is no mad or idle fancy that they will not bring forth in this agitation:

They form vain visions, like a sick man's dreams.

Just as we see that fallow land, if rich and fertile, teems with a hundred thousand wild and useless weeds, and that to set it to work we must subject it and sow it with certain seeds for our service; and as we see that women, all alone, produce shapeless masses and lumps of flesh, but that to create a good and natural offspring they must be made fertile with a different kind of seed; so it is with minds. Unless you keep them busy with some definite subject that will bridle and control them, they will throw themselves in disorder hither and yon in the vague field of imagination.
                                                                 -- Michel Eyquem de Montaigne. Essais, 1580

"The sleep of reason brings forth monsters."      -- Goya. 1796

4/10/2014 3:17 am  #13

Of course, the Canadian "brethren" are weighing in. As we knew they would.

Believe in prayer like in the "old Hebrew sense." What does that mean? How does this woman know what the old Hebrew sense of anything was? I wonder if they know what "emasculated" means...

And there it is -
          "...these brave soldiers of the cross."  The sheer joy and delight at the thought of being persecuted.
          "God Himself has set them up as His servants..."

God Himself.

8/24/2014 9:56 am  #14

Looks like the McRaes have packed up and moved on. Various websites taken down, internet presence scrubbed. Poof. No longer Church of Wells' 'North of 60' brethren.

Go in peace, Steven and Mandy. May you find what you're searching for, in your sojourn for truth.

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

10/04/2014 9:27 pm  #15

I wanna know what happened to these guys. They are welcome anytime.

Board footera