Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/26/2013 12:41 pm  #41

Re: Jake's dad Ted/"earthly" supporters

I can't tell. But I think that was all there before.

Here's something that I kind of hung up on:

There also seems to be a fascinating ecumenical movement going on in Wells, Texas. The Baptist and Methodists (and probably others) now seem to have put aside doctrinal differences and united. Even with prayer that they would "agree to disagree". Has the enemy of my enemy become my friend? Scripture tells us that on the day of our Lord's crucifixion that "Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves." This same phenomenon seems to be taking place between those who claim Christ and those who don't. Professed believers yoked together with unbelievers. Interesting subject matter for a study into the heart of man.

How does he know?
Has he lived in Wells? Because it sure reads like personal experience and familiarity. If you'd never been, didn't know any of these people and churches, uninvolved - I don't think one would express it exactly that way.
See the mention of a "prayer" and "agree to disagree"? That's from the meetings. Was "Ted" there? Does "Ted" know these Baptists and Methodists and others? 

Just some thoughts.

9/26/2013 1:01 pm  #42

i have found his email online.. would you mind me using that last paragraph when I email him?
i had planned to sit down tonight to write up my own questions of doubt regarding his public statement...
i doubt i will receive a response... but i am going to try.

9/26/2013 4:32 pm  #43

Sure. Use whatever you want. I don't know how to say this discreetly - be sure it's the right person's email. It might not be.

Has the enemy of my enemy become my friend? - That's really stupid. Yes, Ted Jake Ryan Sean, in a matter of speaking. But here's how it goes:

"Every enemy of an enemy is a friend”

History of the conquest of England by the Normans; its causes and its consequences, in England, Scotland, Ireland, & on the continent. Thierry, Augustin, 1795-1856; Hazlitt, William, 1811-1893. Page 93.

An elegant read and a fantastic book to own. Might be a little weighty for Sean, Jake and Ryan, though. It wasn't written in Puritan English.
http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t570/cowfam/historyconquest01thiegoog_0011.jpg

More good stuff

Star Trek!

"Toward the end of the latest Star Trek film, Captain James T. Kirk makes yet another in a string of bold decisions: He decides he will join forces with one of his enemies to fight another even more dangerous enemy, rationalizing his decision with the axiom that “the enemy of my enemy is friend.” Spock, as ever, is more skeptical, and warns Kirk that this saying was an Arab proverb coined by a prince who was soon decapitated by his “friend.”"

The king who is situated anywhere immediately on the circumference of the conqueror's territory is termed the enemy.
The king who is likewise situated close to the enemy, but separated from the conqueror only by the enemy, is termed the friend (of the conqueror).
                                                                                   Kautilya Arthashastra: Book VI, "The Source of Sovereign States"

Kautilya "Arthasastra" translated by R. Shamasastry, Third Edition, Weslyan Mission Press 1929 Mysore, p. 296.

The Welldurs are goin' with an ancient Indian treatise on statecraft, economic policy and military strategy from the Maurya Empire (4th century BCE)? Really? Wouldn't that be all witchcrafty and heretical? Who would have thought they'd be so...so....expansive.

http://files.myopera.com/sujatanathv/blog/Untitled.jpg

1/23/2014 4:18 pm  #44

Jeff W. - A peer from the Missouri local church connection.

All Things New

By Ryan Ringnald

Preached at Maranatha Baptist Church, Springfield, MO.

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." 
Revelation 21:5
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
2 Corinthians 5:17

http://www.thechurchofwells.com/files/theme/All%20Things%20New.mp3

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q782/ahythlodaeus/PrayforCatherine_UBCPastorsBlog_zpsabd122f7.jpg

Very fortunate for Jeff that he allows himself medical attention, in spite of their belief that God is going to be pissed off. 
Jeff did not go blind; he was not punished. His eyesight has been saved.
http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t570/cowfam/imgsermonindexnet_modules_newbb_viewtopic_pdf_Page_1.jpg

1/26/2014 1:33 am  #45

Jeff Wooldridge is attempting to explain CoW on the Roth Show facebook. Go here.
A step in the right direction.

Board footera