Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/27/2013 12:17 am  #31

Re: What they believe/doctrine/theology

2 Peter wrote:

Does anyone know how the "elders" are selected? Is there a stated limit to the number of elders? Are Masao and Kevin and Cory elders in training? Does the membership get to vote or have any say in business matters and spiritual revelations?

Also I am intrigued by the role of women described in a couple of threads. Perhaps that could be a separate thread for discussion in itself, or I may be missing that thread by title.

11/27/2013 1:14 pm  #32

Let's try this -
Feel free to start new topic threads as you please.
or
- use the Discussion topic for rolling conversation. No specific topic. Random chatter.
- post in a topic that's already started on that subject. To link something, right-click on the post number in the upper-right-hand corner of the message block. You'll see "copy link address." Then simply paste it into your comment, so readers can catch up with the topic.

One topic thread comes to mind: Doctrine Q&A/Church of Wells rebuttal
http://faith.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=71
A permanent list of questions, seriously-posed, about the Church of Wells. The hope is that someone will eventually take a stab at answering.

To copy: highlight with your cursor, then right-click and choose "Copy."
To copy from inside an active message block, highlight and Conrol C (hold 'Ctrl' with left hand, stab the letter 'C' with right).
To paste: insert cursor in message block and Control V (hold 'Ctrl' with left hand, stab the letter 'V' with right).
To copy an entire message block, click on 'Quote'. If you want to take that message to a different thread, use your cursor to highlight the entire thing and Control C. Go to your target thread, start an active message block with 'Reply', stick the cursor in there and Conrol V.

12/07/2013 8:49 pm  #33

2 Peter wrote:

Does anyone know how the "elders" are selected? Is there a stated limit to the number of elders? Are Masao and Kevin and Cory elders in training? Does the membership get to vote or have any say in business matters and spiritual revelations?

Also I am intrigued by the role of women described in a couple of threads. Perhaps that could be a separate thread for discussion in itself, or I may be missing that thread by title.

The "elders" selection - the "elders" invented this group. Starting in the Houston area as enthusiastic Christians street-preaching. Then sharing houses in Arlington and inventing "Church of Arlington." Then moving the whole shebang to Wells. I'm guessing the concept of a selection process hasn't come up yet. But when it does, I imagine they'd do it the same as your church.
They're probably like Billy Graham, Paul Washer, their Scottish Puritan idols, and mentor Don Courville. A lifetime appointment. If somebody else wants to be in charge, they go make their own church somewhere else.

Masao, Kevin and Cory are vested. Original stakeholders. Board of Directors of Charity Enterprises, Inc. I'm betting easy money that Cory is the actual Big Kahuna along with Dan Pursley. The Big Daddy.

Voting membership and control - I say no. But you'd be in a better position to know. These are questions I haven't thought of; you could only get answers directly from them. Have you thought of asking directly?

Board footera