Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/24/2013 1:23 pm  #1

"Are We A Cult?" - Jake Gardner speaks

9/24/2013 2:05 pm  #2

Re: "Are We A Cult?" - Jake Gardner speaks

Interesting...I would like to see the many letters they wrote to the sheriff...and no arranged marriages? Anyone have proof? and he said "I want to make it plain..." what does that mean??

9/26/2013 1:00 pm  #3

Fascinating and interesting. They will not say they aren't a cult, but seem to be rolling with their own interpretation that Jesus Christ was a cult, so therefore it somehow proves their righteousness to be identified as a cult. Weird. 
They seem to want to instruct and inform reporters, as opposed to just answering the questions. I'm guessing they were provided a list of questions that would be asked, ahead of time, probably as a courtesy and condition of the interview. So they prepared their response. It's not spontaneous.

The only thing they don't like is to be compared to Jim Jones. But what they don't seem to know is that they are about as close as it gets to Jim Jones' roots and evolution. Reverend James Jones was a well-liked, respected ordained young Indiana pastor. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/Jim_Jones_brochure_of_Peoples_Temple.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/Jimjonesfirstchurch.jpg/220px-Jimjonesfirstchurch.jpg

Fact - Jesus was not a cult.

http://www.kltv.com/story/23385289/chuch-of-wells-elders-speak-out-in-an-effort-to-clear-up-misconceptions-about-their-church

9/26/2013 1:07 pm  #4

What he said is: "God arranges marriages."

What an inconsistency! In salvation and lifestyle and judgement and matters of family, it's all about the three pastor/elders, the scripture, the Doctrine of Judgment, all Church of Wells rules and proscription. 

But here they give full unconditional credit to "God" in the briefest sentence I've seen so far. 

Ah, yes. God arranges the marriage; "two men, three elders" interpret, confirm and speak for God.

9/26/2013 1:12 pm  #5

i feel as though he also barely grazes the topic of the true question.. which is have they arranged marriages among their ADULT members.  they immediately want to talk about not arranging marriages among their children..
that was never the question...
but i think they cannot answer the original question with complete honesty.. so they jump to a distraction that they CAN answer honestly.. being as none of the children are old enough to marry off anyway....

9/26/2013 1:38 pm  #6

tc7665 wrote:

that was never the question… but i think they cannot answer the original question with complete honesty.. so they jump to a distraction that they CAN answer honestly.. being as none of the children are old enough to marry off anyway....

TC, I think they actually make it up as they go along. Thats what happens when you base your beliefs on a theology, "man made"  rather than God's Word. If it's on the Word, there are no inconsistent answers, no modifying your position as you go along "clarifying" your previous answers.

Like my mama taught me, if you don't lie, you never have to wonder about getting caught!

9/26/2013 5:42 pm  #7

Jake identified themselves as a "New Testament Church." That's meaningful - it's its own religion, like 7-Up is the "Un-Cola."
For more on New Testament churches, see the thread under "Who are they again?"
http://faith.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=26

http://mcgarveyice.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/welshimer-facts-concerning-the-new-testament-church-2-3.jpg?w=824&h=749

Last edited by Hythlodaeus (9/26/2013 5:44 pm)

Board footera