Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/23/2013 11:55 am  #21

Re: Discussion - Part 2

What's "RPG?"
I'm thinking Ronnie is going to be requesting an audience with the elders to petition for permission to "court" in the future.

9/23/2013 11:56 am  #22

I deleted the pic, but still think Kevin is next. Ronnie looks like a dashing young man as well.

9/23/2013 12:01 pm  #23

Hythlodaeus wrote:

What's "RPG?"
I'm thinking Ronnie is going to be requesting an audience with the elders to petition for permission to "court" in the future.

RPG: Role Playing Game. Usually includes a ranking system to denote status or achievement. So, there could be "savingly saved", "partially saved", "swine heathen", etc. I have two hours in the office to kill. I think I just found something to keep me busy.

9/23/2013 12:23 pm  #24

Oh no. This is just soooo complicated...
But what about "reprobate" and "unrepentant?" Then there's the "false Christian" thing which includes ordained ecumenical professionals, church leaders, staff, congregations, who truly believe they have a relationship with God and are convinced of salvation. Who genuinely do their very best to walk the talk.
Not to mention babies, mental illness and neurological pathology and birth defects that cause reduced mental capacity, epilepsy, Tourette's, etc.

Stupid philosophical question - how can all of that be true or even rational, if there's an Elect?

9/23/2013 12:56 pm  #25

Level 1: Swine. Congratulations swine. You hate God, and God hates you. Stay away from our pearls, for thou art an enemy.
Level 2: Unrepentent. So, you know the doctrine. You're aware of your sin. But, you haven't done anything about it. In fact, you refuse to do anything about it. Be careful, because God could smite you at any moment.
Level 3: In Denial. Welcome to Level 3. You're aware that you're in sin, and you're still quite unrepentent. Your sin is like that old set of luggage: you know it's there, and know it has to go, but you're too lazy to actually pack it up and toss it.
Level 4: Broken. It's time! You're a sinner and you know, so clap your hands. But what are you to do? Surely you can't do it on your own, so it's time to call CoW!
Level 5: New Recruit. How's that new CoW T-shirt fit? You've been granted entrance into fellowship, but not the solemn assembly. Get to know everyone, get comfy, because it's about to get rough.
Level 6: Closet-Dweller. It's time to spend your days and nights fasting in the prayer closet. Don't come out until we say so!
Level 7: Out-patient. Your time in the closet is over, but you still need to make regular visits. God hasn't quite saved you yet, but you're getting there.
Level 8: Girl-Scout. Girl Scout you say? Yes. Because your days are spent knocking on the proverbial screen door of God's magic kingdom. Hopefully He's ready to buy your cookies of righteousness.
Level 9: Farmer Cadidate. You've got your fruits. Are they ripe? Are they fresh? Are they tasty? They better be, because you're about to present them to others to verify your salvation.
Level 10: Farmer. Those fruits were tasty! Everyone agreed. Now, be sure that you work out your salvation with fear and trembling every day. Or else.
Level 11: Tenured. Welp, your fruits stood the test of time. We're pretty sure you're "savingly-saved" now. Instead of "having a false salvation," any further missteps or sins of the flesh/temptations will be blamed on external factors, pending board approval. You're blameless I guess.
Level 12: Prophet. Congratulations! Your can now prophesy in the name of the Lord. You're allowed to say things like, "Hey, let's NOT take that baby to the hospital. God told me so."

9/23/2013 1:32 pm  #26

Breath-taking. Can I get this on XBox or is it just an iPhone app?

9/23/2013 1:35 pm  #27

Hythlodaeus wrote:

Breath-taking. Can I get this on XBox or is it just an iPhone app?

You know, now that there's the 64 chip, I think it's entirely possible. One would have to data-mine for Holy Points. We coudl fend of demons and apostates like Plants Vs. Zombies 2.

9/23/2013 1:37 pm  #28

Uh...I'm back there with the Mario Bros. Jumping over pixelated dot-matrix mushrooms.

Last edited by Hythlodaeus (9/23/2013 1:39 pm)

9/23/2013 1:48 pm  #29

Hythlodaeus wrote:

Uh...I'm back there with the Mario Bros. Jumping over pixelated dot-matrix mushrooms.

That could be a metaphor for salvation...

http://also.kottke.org/misc/images/super-mario-summary.jpg

9/23/2013 4:26 pm  #30

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t570/cowfam/10_intelligence_kuperwasser_Page_12.jpg

Board footera