Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/19/2013 9:40 am  #1

Doctrine Q&A/Church of Wells rebuttal [combined]

Cory James McLaughlin
I just want you to know the truth, and stop believing all these terrible lies...
Like · 1 · 8 hours ago

By all means. This is an open invitation to explain your position here. Please use plain English. Please do not substitute passages from the Bible as your own thought and writing. It's intellectually dishonest. 

Church of Wells friends and supporters are welcome to provide input here, as well. 

9/23/2013 10:19 pm  #2

Re: Doctrine Q&A/Church of Wells rebuttal [combined]

What, no response yet?  Maybe they haven't found this forum? ha,ha

9/25/2013 10:12 pm  #3

A list of questions for Church of Wells. Post your serious questions here. 
The Church of Wells elders and deacon are invited to respond. If a mentor/trainer/affiliate/peer of Church of Wells would like to respond on their behalf or because they know the origins of particular beliefs, that's great too.
Please keep questions as simple and succinct as possible.

1. Where does the concept of "familial judgment" originate?

2. Where are the five categories from, in Varying Degrees of Severity in Judgment (Chapter 10, Doctrine of Judgement)?

9/25/2013 10:37 pm  #4

3. What is your official stance on marriage and courtship?  Answers thus far have been unclear or half-truths. So, you don't practice arranged marriages, BUT, do the elders and church authority seek God in prayer for who in the group should join together? Do they wait for a Word to an elder to proclaim John and Jane should be the next two members to marry?

9/26/2013 1:48 pm  #5

4. Does Church of Wells expect or require singles to get married when they join the church?
• Is there a specific God-ordained potential match suggested for them?
• Is it different for men and women? 

9/29/2013 4:50 pm  #6

5. In your beliefs, are saved humans going to a Heaven with God somewhere off the planet Earth, or is God coming to Earth and creating Heaven here?

10/03/2013 5:40 pm  #7

6. Do you believe that World War II and the Holocaust was God's will?

10/20/2013 10:23 pm  #8

So far no responses. My opinion - people who won't answer when asked about their overzealous pushy religious beliefs, are phonies. Self-edifying hot air.

An exchange with Sean Morris, who spoke for the three leaders.

I am the only pastor who is not married and I assume you are talking about me, but I am not the founder of the Church, nor am I the primary Elder. All three of us are of equal authority. It is true that Jake and Ryan are newly married...but this is not a transgression of the biblical requirements of Eldership. The Lord used all three of us to birth this Church, and this is the seal of our eldership above all other things. This is like as Paul said: "If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord" (1 Cor. 9:2). 

As for your question on our ages (I think this is what you are questioning when you stated, "not young or novice"), we are not "young" in the Lord, nor are we too young to be elders in the Spirit. Timothy was a "youth" in the flesh and an elder in the Spirit, and he was even ordaining elders in the Churches. Timothy was commanded by God to: "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity" (1 Tim. 4:12). Also, we do not believe that the scriptures specify that a man must be a husband and a father to be an elder in God's Church. Paul and Barnabas spoke of how they were not married, nor did they have children, and yet they were elders, pastors, and apostles. Paul spoke of how they had a liberty not to marry: "Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?" (1 Cor. 9:5) If elders must be married, and if they must be fathers, then Paul and Barnabas would have been disqualified from eldership, and they certainly were not. They were planting Churches and ordaining elders! 

As for your question on if one of us considers our self a prophet...I can say that the Spirit of prophesy is certainly working in our midst by God's grace (1 Cor. 14:23-25), and, I can say that, according to Numbers 12:6, there are many revelations of the Spirit to us by vision and dream. We believe that God is teaching us about prophesy, but we would fear to take such a title upon ourselves (privately or publicly), for in many ways we fall underneath the NT standard and testimony of what the Church normally was in the Gospel accounts and the book of Acts. Who are we to take such a title, until we are worthy of it? But by God's grace, God certainly does speak to us. 
I hope this answers your questions... Please let us know anything else that may be upon your mind, and God willing, we will get back to you. 
Sincerely Sean (on behalf of the Church of Wells and the other two elders)

It was with much grief of soul that I received your previous email. You had explained that your desire to know our doctrine or way of life was out of dumb curiosity. ...are you a professing Christian? Do you think that Jesus Christ has a dumb curiosity about peoples eternal souls, their doctrine, and their beliefs? Do you think you have the heart of Christ? If you did, then you would genuinely care for us, if indeed you believe that we are in error (or like such cult leaders of which you carelessly named). 
Are you really asking all these questions out of dumb curiosity, or is God troubling you about something? 
I will answer some of your questions...By God's grace, I have a deep compassion and love for your soul, and I have spent a significant amount of time in prayer for your soul. I do hope that the Lord helps you. 
You stated that, "I get why you sequester yourselves", but I don't think you understand why (for what reasons) or how (in what ways) we sequester ourselves, and how (in what ways) we do sequester ourselves I don't think you know. There are many lies and slanders about us, and so, I am not sure what you have in mind when you consider just how we do "sequester". 

You asked: "What is "born of blood", and "a family of lineage?"" 
To me, this is a very pleasing question, and it is has a most wonderful answer - 
John 1:12-13,  "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
John 3:3,  "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

As for your questions regarding the 144,000, I do believe there are others who meet that criteria outside of this Church (God's Church). I believe there are saved people over this world, though they are very few, and most are scattered on the hills of false Christianity like sheep without a shepherd (sadly). I do not believe this Church is the only Church. 
I do not believe that the 144,000 is a limit of all who will be saved ever, nor do I believe that the Church of Christ must necessarily be limited to this. It seems as though you do not understand typology and spiritual metaphors, or prophetic language,...concerning the virgins it is speaking in typology. Paul speaks of the Church as a Bride (Eph. 5:26-27), and that it ought to be presented to Christ for marriage in a spiritual condition of virginity (1 Cor. 11:2). When virginity is lost, this can refer to adultery with the world (James 4:4), which would disqualify the marriage ceremony. 

The questions we should ask ourselves is - what does it mean to be a friend of the world (James 4:4)? Then we can understand what it would mean to be a stranger to the world, or an alien to this world, as formerly stated. Then we could understand more about what it is to be sequestered in a biblical way (see 2 Corinthians 6:17-18 for an introductory example). 

Do you believe you are a sinner? 
Do you seek forgiveness for your sins? 
Do you know what it means to be born again? 

...have you ever read this verse? What do you think it means? 

1 Corinthians 2:14,  "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

...there is something being said in this verse which is directly to you. 

1 Corinthians 1:19,  "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

This is a very important warning of God here, in 1 Corinthians 1:19. 
In love for your eternal, undying soul. 

It does not matter what these scriptures mean to us (or what we think that they mean), what matters is what they actually mean according to the interpretation of the Spirit of God who wrote it (in comparison and unison with the rest of the scriptures, of course). Scripture is not open to any private interpretation that anyone feels they have, or believes they have...what matters is God. 

2 Peter 1:20,  "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." 

Quoting famous commentators will who had the Spirit of God, will not help you if you don't have the Spirit of God. 

Isaiah 2:22,  "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?" 

You should fear lest Christ Jesus (who is alive) is saying this to you - "...My word hath no place in you" (John 8:37). Any why would He ever say that to you? He explains further why He once said that to others - 
"Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word" (John 8:43).
"He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God" (John 8:47). 
You must be born again! Without the Spirit of God you cannot understand Christ's words, speeches, or God's cannot even hear them! Why, "Because ye are not of God", Christ said. God can save you from your sins! 
But you must humble yourself before Him and His word. He created you. He loves you enough to die on a cross for your sins. But you will not appreciate that until you see your own wickedness and evil (human depravity), like I have and all others who have been drawn to the love of God through Christ.

Luke 10:16  "He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me."

1Peter 4:11  "If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

2 Corinthians 5:17-20  "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God." 

Galatians 2:20  "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

10/21/2013 9:59 am  #9

" many ways we fall underneath the NT standard and testimony of what the Church normally was in the Gospel accounts and the book of Acts."

7. What standard do you "fall under"?

8. In your opinion, what was the Church "normally" in the Gospel accounts and how do you differ?

9. Why are you different and what purpose does it serve?

10/22/2013 7:41 pm  #10

" many ways we fall underneath the NT standard and testimony of what the Church normally was in the Gospel accounts and the book of Acts."

So, okay, if you're not New Testament, then the Church of Wells is an Old Testament church? The Church of Wells is Jewish? You're Jewish? You're running a Yeshiva and Beit Medrash?

Board footera