Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/22/2013 7:46 pm  #61

Re: Website Commentary/New CoW Website: Put Off Thy Shoes [combined]

Sean and Jake, you're still yammering on about condemning family? I think everybody's got it by now. You've got some mystical magic thing going on, that you have to dump your biological family in order to be earn your salvation.

FYI - you're late to the party. And you've brought cold food.

Move on. Work on something else now. Tell us a story about why you need to make babies.

Last edited by Hythlodaeus (10/22/2013 8:12 pm)

10/22/2013 8:43 pm  #62

Agreed. Move on. We get it.  Anyone who does not agree with what you spew is bad. Wrong. You are the supreme authority. Keep dreaming, kiddo. If you say it often enough (which you do--over and over and over), you begin to believe your own delusions.

10/22/2013 10:56 pm  #63

My turn! Time to have some fun. Ready? Set? Go!

First up: the issue of respect. 

Jesus Christ, in the parenthetical verse, is described to be a citywide reject, thus we can be certain of this - we are not to seek citywide respect!

First, that is some horrible logic and flawed deductive reasoning. Oh, but wait, that's wisdom of the world. Sorry 'bout that. We'll get to "worldly wisdom" in a minute. 

Second, you're conviniently forgetting about all of the times the Bible exhorts us to live a life above reproach (1 Tim 3:2) and to be godly and watch how we treat others to preserve our Word (1 Tim 4:16). What about that whole Golden Rule thing? How about all the Psalms and Proverbs?

See, the biggest problem of the above statement is the word "SEEK." You ARE to seek respect insofar as it is godly and uncrompromising. Like Paul, working with his hands so that he would not be in need. I'm pretty sure persons at that time respected him for it. Though, as Christians, we will not always be respected, and that's okay! We are never encouraged in scripture to deliberately act out in ways that would be disrespected. 

Slanders are awfully aggressive. ... Slanders are borne by hypocrites, and such lies do lay hold upon the mind of a hypocrite with delusive powers until, alas, "they know not what they do"

Sean, all you know about me is what I have said online behind an Avatar and screen name. Do you know my journey? Do you know my faith? Do you know my service? No, you don't. 

Now, is what we are doing slander? Let's look at the word:

Slader: the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

It is not a "false spoken statement" when we make judgement/value implications on your actions. It is not slander when we say it was wrong a baby died and that you should be held accountable. It is not slander when we say it was wrong how you treated the Grove family. Additionally, it is not slander when we call you out on your doctrine, theology, and/or historical accuracy of your blogs - for we have proof! 

Approximately 6-10 families, primarily, have been the leaders of this slanderous revolt against the biblical Christ, and their greatest power is slander...

I'm a leader of a revolt? Sweet! Oh, and our weapon is not slander, it is logic, theology, and Truth. We aren't rebelling against Christ, we are rebelling against you.

Number of Parents in good relationship = 50
Number of Parents who are "against us" = 35
There are more parents who are with us, in good relationship, than those who are against us.

Hi Sean. I know you're reading. And, I must congratulate you on your ability to discern that 50>35. But, you grew up around business, right? 

35+50=85
35 families are against you.
Guess what? That's 41% of total families. That's hardly a small minority of slanderers. If you opened 85 businesses (say, corner stores or gas stations) and 41% of them were failing, wouldn't you be concerned? Don't make it sound like we're but a few obscure family members. 

The source of this anger is their utter refusal to be reasoned with according to the scripture, and are rather bent to argue based upon what they feel, think, and rationalize (what the scriptures condemn to be "worldly wisdom").

The process of reason is considered worldy wisdom? Interesting. The Bible LOVES reason. Break out your Greek concordance, because the word "apologia" literally means: apo = “from”; & Logia = word, logic, reasoning
. You'll find that verse all of the New Testament. That's probably why some of the greatest logicians in history have been Christians. Remember that guy St. Augustine? How about the parts of scripture where we are urged to love the Lord with our MINDS? 

While I am on the topic, what is it with fundamentalist groups and the habit of treating "reason" and "argument" like the boogie man? Let me put something out there. Follow along CoW friends reading along... The formal process of reasoning requires an inferential leap, or, argument if you will. A similar thing happens in medicine, only the inferential leap is based on reasonable scientific evidence (testing, trials, etc.).

So, my question is this: Why do you decry well-reasoning arguments in some areas (your theology, actions) but readily accept the process of reasoning in other areas? See where I am going with that? Reasoning is not a bad thing - you only call it bad when it has you by the you-know-what. 

Wordly wisdom isn't the boogie man. Worldly wisdom gives us medicine (and those midwives!), clean water, democracy, functional homes... the list goes on.

Jesus Christ was a child of his generation. He was only 30 years old! He was considered a youth because his elder parents and grandparents were still among the public mass.

Egyptian papyri peg the average life expectancy biblical times to be between 35-40. Mary was believed to be around age 14 when she gave birth to Him. That means Jesus, given the standard of the times, was no where near a youth. Normalized for todays standard, if Jesus was 30 in a world where 40 (I'll be generoug), he would be in his 60's and collecting Social Security checks! Jesus' earthly mother would have been a reasonable 44, normalized to (probably) early 80's today. That's not unusual. 

Now, I'm not bringing this up to nit-pick, but please don't use numerical age as a justification. This is where intelligent, and the "worldly" process of thought and reason come in to play. So, no, Jesus was not a child.  

his mother and brethren thought evil of Jesus' preaching

Evil? I highly doubt that. Maybe they thought he was foolish, or didn't want him to do things that would lead to death, but please show me in scripture where his earthly family indicted him as "evil." 

Those who chose to follow Christ were compelled to answer Christ's call - and it was urgent - and thus they were forced to dishonor their parents in various ways

So Christ's call to you is to completely disregard many other areas of scripture? Intersting. Are you serving a Biblical Buffet, where we can pick and choose what scriptures to use to validate terrible theology? Take a look: 

Colossians 3:20:
Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
Exodus 20:12:
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you."
Proverbs 20:20:
If one curses his father or his mother, his lamp will be put out in utter darkness.
Proverbs 23:22:
Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.
Proverbs 30:17:
The eye that mocks a father and scorns to obey a mother will be picked out by the ravens of the valley and eaten by the vultures.
1 Timothy 5:8:
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
Ephesians 6:2-3:
“Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”
Leviticus 20:9:
For anyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him.

I don't read in any of these verses: "obey your parents....but only if they are Christian." See, there are NO conditions. That's what mirroring the unconditional love of Christ is all about! 

Last edited by Aegonis3 (10/22/2013 11:17 pm)

10/22/2013 11:14 pm  #64

BRAVO!!

10/22/2013 11:39 pm  #65

I'm going to pick on Jake's blog for just a moment. Consider it a little bonus; a dessert if you will.

The antichrist reigns today in professingly godly, Christian America. The society where we have more "churches" and more "Christians" than any other place at any other time in history

Research must be something "worldly," because professing Protestants have decreased by 10% since 1990 (according to Pew research forum). 

Jake, let me give you some advice. If you're going to use a statistic, use a percentage relative to the total. OF COURSE we have more churches and more Christians (by raw total). That's because our population has grown. It's percentage that matters and is more academically honest.

I'll simplify:

Generation A: 1 million people. 800,000 are Christian.
Generation B: 10 million people, with 5 million Christians.

Though generation B has more Christians, they sit at 50% of the total population. Generation A may have less, but they have 80% Christians! I would then say that generation A has more Christians normalized for their total population.

But, what do I know. After all, I guess math and reason are "worldly wisdom" or something.

That's all for now, but rest assured you're next.

Last edited by Aegonis3 (10/22/2013 11:42 pm)

10/23/2013 5:46 am  #66

Aegonis, excellent points, I couldn’t have put it better myself. You’ve identified a fundamental flaw with the elders, their doctrine, and anyone who buys into their teachings….logic and reasoning are nowhere to be found. Period.

Aegonis3 wrote:

Are you serving a Biblical Buffet, where we can pick and choose what scriptures to use to validate terrible theology?

I’ve been arguing this forever, they are absolute masters at picking and choosing details from the bible that fit their world view and discarding the rest.  We could write pages and pages on how they skew passages and only highlight ones that confirm or support their doctrine, I’ll simply bring up one that shows their hypocrisy...

Exodus 31:14
Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Anyone who lives in Wells, please refrain from violence against church members who are working at their store on Sunday. Until one of the elders can explain to me why this passage doesn’t apply to them, everything they say about the bible is invalid.

2/13/2014 2:43 pm  #67

saved

Last edited by Admin (2/13/2014 5:02 pm)

2/13/2014 2:57 pm  #68

This low life forum is it's own cult! I wouldn't be surptised if you all start doing this!

Last edited by Admin (2/13/2014 5:03 pm)

Board footera