Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/25/2013 11:25 am  #21

Re: Jake's dad Ted/"earthly" supporters

agreed pj!

9/25/2013 11:28 am  #22

pjsmoke wrote:

I feel the same exact way about Dr. Cindy Williams as owner of the Cult of Wells headquarters and her stunt with the media.  Let her name be tied to this group right besides Ted.  Dr. Cindy Williams will continue to support Cory and Ashley McLaughlin in order to see her grandson. If she were to the cut financial support to the cult then her relationship with her daughter and grandson would be severed. Where is the Doctrine of Judgement for the McLaughlin's. Don't worry Dr. Cindy WIlliams your not the only grandparent that doesn't say anything too thier kids about what they are doing/involved with. It goes all the way to the top of the cult. Maybe if those parents said something years ago we wouldn't still be locking people up in the prayer closet and baby Faith would be alive and enjoying life.  

You really make an excellent point here. Family members that have continued to support the group financially have been, it seems, allowed contiued access to grandchildren. Ashley McLaughlin posted a picture recently of their child being held by a family member. I do not have a child in the group, but if I did - this would anger me in many ways. Ashley, in her own testimony, says that her mother is not a Christian. Sean's doctrine of judgment allows for this type of relationship as long as the family member is not 'against' what they are doing. Any disagreement would mean a severed relationship. This is a tough line I am sure.  

Cindy and Ted both have cast their lot with the group in a very public way. This means that they open themselves publically to questions. 

9/25/2013 11:38 am  #23

Well Cindy is Christain enough as long as long as she keeps paying the mortgage.  Ashley was also in a hospital when her son was born. Cindy or Medicare picked up that little tab I'm sure. I'm sure Sean can spew out some partial bible verse out that can justify it all.

Which brings up another issue I have with these clowns. They quote chapter and verse all the time but most of the time they only use parts of it.  In a lot of cases it taken out of context. Why is that?  

9/25/2013 11:57 am  #24

concernedhere wrote:

Sean's doctrine of judgment allows for this type of relationship as long as the family member is not 'against' what they are doing. Any disagreement would mean a severed relationship.

I don't read that Sean allows for family relationships with unsaved persons in the Doctrine of Judgement. Good to know. Makes a huge difference. Could you post the passage and page number please, so we can all see it? 

Cindy and Ted both have cast their lot with the group in a very public way. This means that they open themselves publically to questions. 

No. It doesn't. They didn't give anyone permission anywhere, didn't sign any releases.

See, this conversation is protected Free Speech under a constitutional amendment. Once you start establishing rules, it changes everything. It becomes something else. Discretionary. That's a whole different thing. Then somebody then has to take ownership and responsibility.

9/25/2013 12:05 pm  #25

pjsmoke wrote:

Well Cindy is Christain enough as long as long as she keeps paying the mortgage.  Ashley was also in a hospital when her son was born.

I don't think so. She had a Nacogdoches midwife and birthing center. Maybe she ended up in the hospital for a delivery complication, but that's private personal information - who would know that?

Cindy or Medicare picked up that little tab I'm sure.

It is fact that at least some of them are on state health care programs (SCHP/Medicaid), if not all of them. Just like FLDS. They do tap state/federal poor people's programs.

R&R Mercantile is an authorized point-of-sale vendor for Texas food stamps. Some part of their profit margin is propped up by state dollars that way too.

9/25/2013 12:40 pm  #26

So I stand corrected on the hospital. The point was that she had medical assistance during the birth of her child unlike baby Faith.

The POS for Texas food stamps helps on how they feed everyone at the cult.  Those food stamp dollars go a long way when you get the wacko discount at the local R & R Mercantile. Losing the R & R could be devasting to them.  Hopefully the boycott is having some affect.

9/25/2013 1:02 pm  #27

Ashley might have given birth in a hospital. I don't know. Maybe you do. It's one thing to know; it's another thing to guess. I'm literal. When someone makes a statement like they personally know, I can't help but overthink it.

Interesting about that food stamp business. IF they get food stamps (and I suspect someone in the group does), they use the food stamps to buy food from themselves. They are their own authorized merchant.

I LOVE their business model. It's so Amway/Quixtar but smart and without the annoying "Upline"!

9/25/2013 1:21 pm  #28

anon wrote:

concernedhere wrote:

Sean's doctrine of judgment allows for this type of relationship as long as the family member is not 'against' what they are doing. Any disagreement would mean a severed relationship.

I don't read that Sean allows for family relationships with unsaved persons in the Doctrine of Judgement. Good to know. Makes a huge difference. Could you post the passage and page number please, so we can all see it? 

No. It doesn't. They didn't give anyone permission anywhere, didn't sign any releases.

See, this conversation is protected Free Speech under a constitutional amendment. Once you start establishing rules, it changes everything. It becomes something else. Discretionary. That's a whole different thing. Then somebody then has to take ownership and responsibility.

Concerning the doctrine of judgment - look to page 42. Here is a quote:

"4) 4th Most peaceful – All persons in the family are unregenerate and humbled to a 
lesser measure, and so they are not yet “seeking sinners”, but they have been 
tempered into listening sinners which are capable of a conversation with a river of 
words from a Christian in the Holy Ghost.
It is written, “He that believed on Me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow 
rivers of living water” (John 7:38). For men to endure the striving, preaching Spirit of the 
Holy Ghost without violence, uncontrollable anger, and twitching aggravation unto blind, 
slanderous, fury, is absolutely a blessing of God in a measure. If God left all men to 
themselves, all would be as murderous and treacherous as the Scribes and Pharisees who 
continually sought out means to kill God incarnate. Such individuals who are not seeking 
sinners, but listening sinners - they are far from the kingdom of God and have not yet been 
thoroughly convinced of their lost estate. Yet, because they are such men who can have a 
conversation by a willingness to be silent - and so swallow their pride - with such persons in 
the family there can be a good continuance of communication by all mediums, and the danger 
of being infected by their evil behavior is greatly decreased. The peacefulness with these 
family members is magnificently different comparatively to those unregenerate family 
members who are neither seeking sinners nor temperate listeners. Such individuals who are 
temperate listeners, are usually not the religious who have been accustomed to the wine of 
false teachers throughout their years. They are those who are not so proud of their religious 
stature, or, not so confident that they are righteous and soundly standing in the truth of what 
the Bible teaches. Peace is maintained to a very large degree, comparatively to those who fit 
scenario #5."

This is the scenario that 'allows' communication with unregenrate family members in their mind. As long as they are able to 'silent in conversation,' instead of actually communicating back, there is less threat of being defiled by such family members. 

Ted and Cindy did publically make statements about the CoW. I am making no rules here. Instead, I am stating a fact. If you make a public statement - you open yourself to the possibility of being asked about that public statment. 

9/25/2013 1:29 pm  #29

The Doctrine of Judgment document is dangerous not just because it lays out 'reasons' for breaking ties with family members - horrible in istelf. It is dangerous because it is a reactionary document to the percieved persecution they have receieved over the last few years. Sean created a 'doctrine' based on shaky Biblical understanding to explain why some families can stay in contact and some cannot. It is all based on the percieved level of persecution that comes from that family member. The five levels of peacefulness are based on a the family member's willingness to keep their mouths shut while they are being preached to. If that family member speaks up - that moves the family member down to scenario number 5 - where all the vile persecutors are. (I think most of us here would qualify) We can place a few different families in these five levels. The Grove family sits firmly in scenario number 5. The family of Ashley and Cory seem to sit around number 3-4 in my opinion. Ryan has recently, I assume, had to move his family from number 4 to number 5 because of what his parents wrote on facebook. My assumption is also that Ted Gardner is somewhere around 1-2. 

The document is dangerous because it reveals very clearly that the group is not just concerned about being faithful to Scripture. They abandonded that long ago. Their willingness to call what Sean wrote 'doctrine' clearly tells me that they are following the elders and not the Word of God. There is no justificiation in Scripture for what the DoJ states. Yet, it solidifies Sean's power and authority above and beyond any family member. 

Last edited by concernedhere (9/25/2013 1:31 pm)

9/25/2013 2:50 pm  #30

Blackmail is exactly right. 

Board footera