Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/17/2013 4:52 pm  #1

Jake's dad Ted/"earthly" supporters

http://www.thechurchofwells.com/public-statements.html

Dear Ted,

Your letter says you've been reading about all this and seeing it on the internet. I'm hoping you'll clarify.

• There's no address or even just your town, phone number, email address, etc. How does the public know you wrote this?

• Where are you? Are you in Texas? Where were you physical at when you wrote this? Like, were you in Wells, Texas, on September 12th? Why didn't you introduce yourself to the Groves?

• How do you know what they're doing is righteous, Biblical, sound, healthy, reasonable, etc.? Have you been there? Have you seen it with your own eyes? Can you really know whether or not they might be exhibiting dysfunctional coercive behaviors?

• Have you ever attended a "members-only" service? By that I mean what they call the "solemn assembly."

"...we have a "solemn assembly” every Sunday morning at around 11 o’clock (generally), where we plan to take communion every week in the future. Sean, Jake, myself, and occasionally William, preach the word for now. This will continue until the other brethren that are called to preach are older, and approved by God. We preach for sometimes hours, pray, sing, and rejoice with the saints. But, truly, we are convinced that the saints are the only persons biblically permitted in “official church meetings.” Verily, the world is not for the church and the church is not for the world."

• Where do you go to church, Mr. Gardner, and what do you do for a living? You've had a lot of failed businesses and gotten around a fair bit. You've been married and divorced at least three times. Please don't misunderstand - it's really none of our business. But it's only to be expected that you would establish provenance and credential if you're giving a reference.

• It's reasonable to suppose that you don't have any long-term involvement with a church or parish. Are you in a congregation anywhere? If you aren't a churchy sort of guy yourself, then how would you be in a position to fairly evaluate and approve of this NRG (new religious group) and doctrine? What is your ecumenical wisdom and experience to edify them? 

• Isn't "Ted" Jake's grandpa? 

• What services did your business, ATG Management, Inc, offer? 

9/17/2013 7:06 pm  #2

Re: Jake's dad Ted/"earthly" supporters

Hythlodaeus-Love your reply. Impressed with the amount of info that you have on Ted. Do you think he will read it on this site?

9/17/2013 7:24 pm  #3

<clapping>well done!

9/17/2013 9:10 pm  #4

His father lives in missouri

9/18/2013 12:46 pm  #5

Not very many people have come out to openly support them. But they do have a Facebook following of fellows they hooked up with evangelizing on the streets. If their buddies believe so strongly that the Texas Boys are righteous, why don't they defend them publicly? Why don't they do interviews and come to their defense?

This buddy was brave enough to make this his Facebook cover. For, like - a day. And then took it down. Well done, Michael. I don't know who he is, but good for him for his courage in putting the money where the mouth is. You can see here that 32 people "liked" it and seven made supportive (?) comments. Of those seven, two of them were directly involved in 'Church of Arlington/Wells' - Vincent and Carmen. Vincent's wife was in the original group and left to marry Vincent. Carmen is from Germany and who knows how she got tangled up with them. She lived in Wells for a time, back in Germany now, but seems to be an "at-large" CoW member from a distance. She's even on the Pray For Catherine Grove community Facebook.

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t570/cowfam/goodtimes.jpg

Notice their snarky teenagery comments. No different than any mainstream culture youth - mocking the police, glamorizing getting in trouble, minimizing the seriousness of police contact and being disrespectful. Middle-class American kids talking 'ghetto' and affecting cool streetwise accents (typing it on a computer keyboard somewhere, too funny) - "Dat tha popo alwite!"

That last comment is revealing. An entirely unneccessary insult of the officer's appearace (really?) AND a homophobic criticism, at the same time. Nice. So, this is God's Chosen, the Remnant, The Elected?
Oh dear.

I have no desire to go to the same church as these people, sit in fellowship, pretend we believe the same things about spiritual matters, ethics, moral values. It's hard for me to get my head around it, that these are people that share our communities. They work somewhere, employees of businesses that we patronize and maybe even our coworkers; they have children; we walk past them every day.

9/19/2013 9:27 pm  #6

Hi all, this is K who married Vincent the one who you are talking about above.  I have no problem talking to anyone who has questions and I have nothing to hide.  Not sure why I am on this board anyway?  You can email me at redacted.  

[Admin note: Thank you for posting, K.
For a brief explanation of the shenanigans here, go to "Weird Sidebars Explained." It's not that interesting or exciting.] 

Last edited by Admin (9/20/2013 3:05 pm)

9/19/2013 9:49 pm  #7

Kjdean49 wrote:

Hi K. How are you?

I'm blessed, Thank you!  

I would just prefer if anyone has any questions that they contact me directly, because there seems to be a lot of assumptions and errors on this board (I'm sure most are not intentional).  However you feel about the C.O.W I do not think its beneficial for any of us to talk about it via a forum setting.  I know that through even a text message one can be misunderstood, feelings hurt, emotions stirred unnecessarily, ect.  I am more than happy to talk to anyone who emails me and is friendly and cordial.  

Also those who chose to be "anon" and not state their names- its doesnt take much to post assumptions under an unknown alias.  If you really believe your information is accurate and beneficial why are you afraid to say who you really are?  

I will always be honest and forthright with what I say and will put my name on it as well. 

9/19/2013 10:29 pm  #8

Brilliant! Thanks for posting. I hope everyone that's got questions about you will take you up on your kind offer.

9/20/2013 12:42 am  #9

I love your concern about misunderstandings, but I must disagree (respectfully) with your claim that a forum setting isn't the best place to answer questions.

I think a forum setting is a BEST place to answer any and all questions because of the vast audience of family, friends, and loved ones looking on. I'm sure we would all benefit from anything you have to say.

On the flip side, I hope you're ready, and willing, to face some difficult questions and challenges from all of us *actual* participants in this forum family. Maybe you're aware, or maybe not, but we've been here for almost a year now waiting for someone like you to come along.

So, that being said, have a seat. Grab a cup of coffee, maybe some scones, and stay a while.

9/20/2013 10:23 pm  #10

Hi to everyone,

I'm a little bothered by the gossip going through this forum. Especially regarding my dear sister K and her husband Vincent. Even if its just assumptions about them or where they are now, it is still making those who know and love her uncomfortable. I think it would be better to keep specific people like her out of these conversations. She is a dear sister and best friend of mine who is living for Christ and wanting to avoid anything like this that could distract her from the things that are much more important in life. I'm sure she wouldn't mind me saying this because she would like to steer clear of any conflict or matter of argument over everything with the Church of Wells. Please be kind and honor these wishes. Thank you.

Board footera