Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/10/2013 8:55 am  #11

Re: What they believe/doctrine/theology

Anon, i read king James Bible, when i spend hours in it i find I'm walking away speaking like them.

interesting, they celebrate Childrens birthdays, or some do... I wonder knowing they're against Christmas, do they celebrate the Saviors birth? ..... Whether it be spring, fall, or winter solstice?  If not, wouldn't this  loving their children more than Christ?  Just a thought...

Last edited by love n forgiveness (10/10/2013 8:57 am)

10/12/2013 8:50 am  #12

Oh Wells wrote:

Bobby, Cory, and Eric.  The Sheriff paid them a visit the next day and issued no trespassing warnings.  Supposedly, if they or anyone from the cult, bother him or his daughter again they will be arrested.  Just to two days ago, 2 cult girls came to my friends house with their babies and fresh bread.  I told him that the cult would put the women up to this.  He told them to leave and called and reported the visit to Sheriff's office. These people don't understand what "leave us alone and don't come back means."

Who was the woman who lost her baby?  I can't find a record of any recently?

10/12/2013 11:12 am  #13

Unhappy wrote:

Who was the woman who lost her baby?  I can't find a record of any recently?

That's a deeply personal story. The identity of this person has nothing to do with Church of Wells activity. Gossip discourages people from telling their stories and talking about what this alternative religion group is doing.

Please check your motives at the door. Leave all bags, backpacks, purses, briefcases, and flash drives with the receptionist.
http://www.luman.ru/insertfiles/3844611210_35d594feec.jpg

Complaints? Go here -  http://faith.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1791#p1791

10/12/2013 2:23 pm  #14

I would never consider posting the name of the girl who lost her baby. She was hurt and violated enough when COW told her that her deceased baby was in hell. I only made the original post to show the true colors of the "COW boys."  Like I said, that post was not slander, it was just telling the truth about how rude, and mis-guided these kids in COW are.  I do not know of anyone in Wells who would welcome the company of COW.  Wish they would all pack and leave.  Maybe they could go live with Ben up in Jacksonville?  Wait, I would hate to wish this group on any town.  Washington DC is the only other town that comes to mind, when I try to think of a group of people equally full of BS, wickedness, and self-rightousness.

10/12/2013 2:54 pm  #15

Is this thread referring to the same young woman that lost her baby that I am thinking of or did it happen again?

10/12/2013 3:34 pm  #16

This thread is not about Faith Pursley.  This is about a friend of mines daughter, who lost a baby a couple of years ago.  Neither my friend or his daughter are in the cult.  Her name is not relevant.  A cult member recently told my friend's daughter, who lost the baby, that her deceased baby was in hell.  I was just making a point to show how viscous, hateful, and mis-informed these youngsters are.  This is how COW members treat people.  Then they can't seem to understand why the people of Wells haven't welcomed them with open arms.  Actually, they were probably given the benefit of doubt when they first came to town, but they have repeatedly acted very judgemental and rude towards others.  Still wishing they would leave Wells.

10/12/2013 3:37 pm  #17

I am so sorry to hear that! I beleive that, according to the Scriptures, babies will not go to hell. How could they when they cannot know right from wrong? Also, telling a grieving mother that her child is in hell is completely innappropriate. Regardless of one's doctrine, is it ever necessary to say something like that? I think not.

10/20/2013 8:56 pm  #18

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130407142622-ed-stetzer-author-photo-left-tease.jpg

MENTAL ILLNESS AND THE CHURCH: NEW RESEARCH ON MENTAL HEALTH FROM LIFEWAY RESEARCH
BY ED STETZER
The Exchange

In the aftermath of another devastating shooting linked to mental illness, Lifeway has released data from a new study on mental illness and the church. Ed Stetzer writes, “Churches need to stop hiding mental illness. The congregation should be a safe place for those who struggle. We should not be afraid of medicine. We need to end the shame.”

Mental Illness and the Church: New Research on Mental Health from LifeWay Research
Half of evangelicals believe prayer can heal mental illness |  Ed Stetzer
http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t570/cowfam/MentalIllnessandtheChurch_NewResearchonMentalHealthfromLifeWayResearch_TheExchange_ABlogbyEdStetzer_Page_1.jpg?t=1382233749

The fact is, mental illness is real. And it's a real illness.

It is also important that we recognize that prayer changes things. In fact, the gospel impacts every area of our lives and God can—and does at times—supernaturally heal every kind of illness. Yet, God often chooses to do so through an approach that includes prayer, study, Christian community, and medical intervention.

Medicine is not the answer to everything, and we live in an overmedicated world, but we need to treat character problems like character problems—and illnesses like illness.

I wish more Christians saw that. So LifeWay Research is taking the initiative to help others realize this as we prepare kick off a major research project on how the church can best minister to persons with mental illness. I'll share more on that study at a later time.

A third of Americans – and nearly half of evangelical, fundamentalist, or born-again Christians – believe prayer and Bible study alone can overcome serious mental illness. The survey also found most Americans (68 percent) would feel welcome in church if they were mentally ill.
http://lifewayblog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/newsroom/files/2013/09/mental-health-welcome-300x261.jpg

• Thirty-five percent agree with the statement, "With just Bible study and prayer, ALONE, people with serious mental illness like depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia could overcome mental illness."
http://lifewayblog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/newsroom/files/2013/09/mental-health-prayer-alone-300x138.jpg

•  Fifty percent of those 18-29 years old say prayer and Bible study could overcome mental illness. That number falls to less than 30 percent for those 55-64.

•  Evangelical, fundamentalist, or born-again Christians (48 percent) agree prayer and Scripture study alone can overcome mental illness. Only 27 percent of other Americans agree.

Just over half (51 percent) say someone close to them has experienced mental illness. That number drops to 37 percent for those over 65.

•  Fifty-four percent of Americans say churches should do more to prevent suicide. That number jumps to 64 percent among evangelical, fundamentalist or born-again Christians.
http://lifewayblog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/newsroom/files/2013/09/mental-health-suicide-300x118.jpg

•  Americans who never attend church services are the least likely to agree that churches welcome those with mental illness. Those who attend weekly see churches as welcoming.

From My Take: How churches can respond to mental illness (CNN) - 

So, what can we do as people of faith to address issues of mental illness?

1. Churches need to stop hiding mental illness.
So often in a congregation, we like to pretend this is not a real issue because we have such a difficult time understanding it. We stick our heads in the sand, add the person to the prayer list and continue on ministering to the “normal” people. But it’s real, and it isn’t going away. In 2009, the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Indexshowed 17% of respondents as having been diagnosed with depression. There are people in the pews every week - ministers, too - struggling with mental illness or depression, and we need to recognize this.

2. The congregation should be a safe place for those who struggle.
We are often afraid of mental illness and the symptoms that come with it. As a result, we don’t know what to do with our own level of discomfort and our fears for safety, or we just don’t want to be inconvenienced.
A study from Baylor University indicates “that while help from the church with depression and mental illness was the second priority of families with mental illness, it ranked 42nd on the list of requests from families that did not have a family member with mental illness.” This is a real need among our congregations, one that we absolutely cannot ignore or expect to go away. People of faith know that God has freed them to love others, and that love extends to everyone, even (and sometimes especially) those we don’t understand.

3. We should not be afraid of medicine.
I realize this can be a heated debate. I also recognize that medication must be handled with care - as it should with any condition. But many mental health issues are physiological. Counseling will naturally be a part of treatment. But if we are not afraid to put a cast on a broken bone, then why are we ashamed of a balanced plan to treat mental illness that might include medication to stabilize possible chemical imbalances? Christians get cancer, and they deal with mental illness.

We’ve long seen the value in the medical treatment of cancer. It’s time for Christians to affirm the value of medical treatment for mental illness as well.

4. We need to end the shame.
I saw it in my own family. Suicide has struck our family more than once, making the news where we wished it did not. When my aunt was arrested for gun smuggling to Ireland, our family did not think of this as an issue of Irish revolution. She was brilliant, a lawyer and a doctor, but mentally ill. Her involvement in the Irish "revolution" was one in a long line of bad choices driven by her illness and eventually led to her suicide.

Yet, it was hard to talk of these things. They had to be “handled in the dark” because “no one could know.” I love my family. But shame was something that was difficult to avoid in every case.

Let’s be honest. These are typically delicate situations. And we want to protect the privacy and dignity of the people we love, particularly when they are behaving in ways that might draw negative attention. But compassion and care can go a long way in helping people know they don’t have to hide.
Why should this be of concern to people of faith? Simply put, there is no place where Americans are more connected and no place where grace is more expected than the church.

Mental illness has nothing to do with you or your family’s beliefs, but the greater community that holds those beliefs can be key to the lifelong process of dealing with mental illness. Most research points to the fact that more religious people tend to be healthier, both physically and mentally, but religious activities do not remove people of faith from sickness of either kind.

Read more and great comments: 
http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2013/september/mental-illness-and-church-new-research-on-mental-health-fro.html
http://blog.lifeway.com/newsroom/2013/09/17/half-of-evangelicals-believe-prayer-can-heal-mental-illness/

10/20/2013 11:06 pm  #19

John 1:13 -  "Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."

Sean Morris: "They are natural men, born “of blood”, and they need to be born into a family of lineage that is 'of God' (1 John 1:13)"

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t570/cowfam/PerfectLoveSeries_Page_1.jpg

"Perfect Love" Series, Page 6,7 - http://www.thechurchofwells.com/files/theme/Perfect%20Love%20Series.pdf

Last edited by Hythlodaeus (10/20/2013 11:36 pm)

10/20/2013 11:25 pm  #20

Jake Gardner:

But, truly, we are convinced that the saints are the only persons biblically permitted in “official church meetings.”  Verily, the world is not for the church and the church is not for the world.

What does that mean?

Board footera