Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/15/2013 3:51 pm  #1

CoW/Charity Enterprises, Inc. corporate structure

How do the various members of CoW earn a living? What about the three "elders" Sean, Jake and the third guy? Do they work at all or are they supported by the church.

Last edited by Admin (10/15/2013 3:03 am)

8/15/2013 5:03 pm  #2

Re: CoW/Charity Enterprises, Inc. corporate structure

Have a look at the "Who Are They" section, and "Current Existence." They've got a bunch of businesses under the "Charity Enterprises, Inc." umbrella.
http://faith.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=84#p84

I don't see that the elders/evangelists are actually employed themselves. But they have a scripture for that. The "church" is supposed to "reward" the work of the elders.

Maybe they get a paycheck as a corporation director?

8/15/2013 5:38 pm  #3

Is there any kind of logging industry in Texas near Wells?

8/15/2013 6:23 pm  #4

In East Texas, there is a logging industry, I believe

8/25/2013 5:36 pm  #5

Heck yea, there's a logging industry around Wells.  These guys also have a lawn care business, sawmill, and tree cutting business.   Oh yea, the also have a sign in the grocery store that says, "We Buy Gold"
These guys do work hard, but I bet that they are giving all of their money to these young, elders.

9/14/2013 12:35 pm  #6

Inquiring minds want to know. Let's deconstruct this.
Note: when the word "corporate" is used here, it is meant in the conventional 21st-century definition. Contemporary common usage. This applies to other words that have come to mean something different through stylized application in Christian culture. 

Great questions and thoughts pulled from other threads.

wellstx wrote:

Call me naive, but does all the money these business make, just go back into one main account.  Are the elders just giving the members what they need to live? I'm not suggesting that the members are going without, food, water or shelter. A few have lived in tent for a little bit, though. I wonder if the individuals own the homes, or does the business, Church of Wells, own them.  Just curious I'm wondering if we have a bunch of new, young home-owners in town, or has this one business purchased them all.

God's Child wrote:

Did I hear recently on one of the broadcasts that the "Church" of Wells is NOT a 501c3 corporation? Are they then, not technically a church? How does that work?

Hythlodaeus wrote:

No. They are incorporated in the State of Texas. A Texas corporation.
I think there's a lot of misunderstanding about what "501c3" is. And guess what else is fun? Corporations can be sued as an entity. And frequently are.

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t570/cowfam/BUSINESSORGANIZATIONSINQUIRY-VIEWENTITY.jpg

God's Child wrote:

A 501c3 is a non-profit. It's what most "churches" would be categorized as. I am referring to THE CHURCH of Wells. Not all of the other entities. I'm always up for learning something new, however.

Hythlodaeus wrote:

Charitable organizations and churches apply for IRS code 501(c)3 status - for tax-exempt purposes. It's about organizations that deliver public services. It comes with a serious set of rules and guidelines and compliance and reporting requirements. Books and company records have to be disclosed on request. Etc etc etc.
No organization - including a church - HAS to apply for 501c3 status, just because they meet the criteria. It's a tax structure.

Secondary to that, how do churches legitimize themselves? (For lack of a better way to say that.)
I don't know. I've been trying to figure that out. There's no church police, or set of rules, or regulatory anything. As far as I can tell, anyone anytime can be a church. You just say you are. If people believe you, you're 'Go' for launch.

Hythlodaeus wrote:

You can hear Jake confirm it in the Nicole Vowell footage. She asks where money comes from, how they support themselves, about the business ventures, and where the money comes from to purchase property and start businesses.

Nicole: "Your church owns five businesses or your church members own five businesses."
Jake: "I'm not sure. Altogether. How many."
She lists them off.
Jake: "Maybe more than five, or six..or seven..."
Nicole: "How did you buy those businesses...do you know?"
Jake: <glances at Ryan, derisive laugh>"I mean, we have deacons...who...ah...handle...ah, you know, practical carnal matters. We just try to give ourselves to the word of God and prayer."

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t570/cowfam/vowellfootage.jpg

So, yes, "Church of Wells" is Charity Enterprises, Inc. One and the same.

Corporate structure doesn't typically include "deacon" positions in upper management and board composition. I can just see it - COO, CEO, CFO, President of the Board, Director, Director, Deacon, Acolyte, Nun.

Donald Trump, ya got nuthin'!!

Aegonis3 wrote:

If you think CoW's business structure is impressive... Check out the Latter Day Saints and their corporat structure. It's for-profit and they keep all financial information private.

Random thought though... Since they are a corporation (CoW) is it possible to go after them in a business sense? For example, taking over businesses, etc.?

10/11/2013 7:51 am  #7

Question: if Jake is listed as director how is it he didn't know how to answer (i think it was Nicole vowells question)? And is it normal to have that many directors for this stuff?

Last edited by love n forgiveness (10/11/2013 7:53 am)

2/14/2014 8:23 pm  #8

More Church of Wells professional websites - 

Getcher music lessons here...
danielpursleymusic.com/danielpursley.weebly.com
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e392/FaithForum/dan_zps15c4befb.jpg

I don't know what services this guy provides, but he has had a job for a couple of years. 
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e392/FaithForum/scofield_zpsd53e5ee2.jpg

Cory James Art storefront (Amazon.com) Aww, he's a bookseller. Very noble. What an eclectic collection. Everything from neonatal nursing care to Islam.
I especially appreciate the Behavioral Health tools. They are on it!
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e392/FaithForum/Amazon_Page_1_zps17fc1ab6.jpg

MEDICAL CARE OF THE PREGNANT PATIENT and Pharmacology. Ooooh. How'd they miss the critical Rh-factor thingy and the critical need for psychotropic medication with schizophrenia? Oh dear. Maybe they didn't pass their home study course.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e392/FaithForum/Amazon_Page_2_zps66d58a69.jpg

Yes, they certainly are well-rounded, aren't they. BINGO! "How to write poetic drama in the 20th century."

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e392/FaithForum/cja_zps4311c940.jpg

2/14/2014 9:18 pm  #9

"Husband-Coached Childbirth"
Wow.

2/14/2014 10:16 pm  #10

Another Christian-approved birthing "system" emphasizing the father being in control. Dr. Bradley is from 1947. 

Board footera