Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/17/2014 2:38 am  #1

Spare the child - spoil the rod?

"...4-year-old son early last summer explaining the cause of the extensive bruises, welts, lacerations, and open wounds found by doctors on the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum following a visit to his father’s house in Texas.
Apparently, the 4-year-old was no match for the NFL star, who allegedly stuffed leaves into the boy’s mouth and forced him to pull his pants down to his ankles, then used a tree branch to make a whipping post out of the child’s backside following a scuffle with another child over a video game.
Peterson told the boy’s mother via text that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and thrashing the boy’s scrotum. “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed!”

Front and back of legs. On his back. Scrotum. Hands. He's four.

This child hit his head on his carseat while he was being punished. No charges here, because the carseat caused the injury, not Adrian.

I do think we are in a time that children lack proper parenting and are undisciplined. I believe in some limited spanking, at the right time and place. An older child only - NEVER an infant or toddler. And not combined with other forms of punishment, like forcing leaves into a child's mouth.
But I really believe the right thing is not at all. Adults are big. Where does 'discipline' leave off and violence begins? How much of a beating should it take to teach a child to obey, to be honest, to follow rules, to play nice?

The child in the photo didn't get a couple of swats on the butt. He was hurt. His father, Adrian, acknowledges this, that he didn't intend to, that he loves him. I believe him. He was raised having the crap beat out of him from an early age, by a drunken abusive father. Even though people like Faulkner will insist that children should be beaten, Peterson doesn't make that claim himself. He takes responsibility.

God has ordained and blessed parents to beat their children? God has not. Humans have ordained and blessed beating children.

I don't know which is more sickening:  the injured child or Faulkner's sanctimonious endorsement of child abuse. Anybody who will beat up on a four year-old is not a decent person.

Here's the bottom line - if you did that to an adult, would you be charged with assault?

12/17/2014 6:59 pm  #2

Re: Spare the child - spoil the rod?

That is sickening!  That poor baby!  What is wrong with people?  Pure evil!

Board footera