Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/08/2014 5:08 am  #21

Re: Legalism: Law, Grace, and Works

The thread about Jake smiling in his mugshot made me mad.

But oh Gosh... in the 2-3 years we have been posting, that has to be THE best post I have ever seen. It has been screen-shotted and saved for posterity.

You win the internet.

2/08/2014 7:45 am  #22

:-D It was pretty priceless. The people on the local fb threads for KLTV under the story are um...vocal.

2/08/2014 4:39 pm  #23

Aegonis3 wrote:

that has to be THE best post I have ever seen. It has been screen-shotted and saved for posterity.

What am I missing? What's the best post?

2/09/2014 1:35 am  #24

What am I missing? What's the best post?

This one Hyth!

anonymous wrote:

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q782/ahythlodaeus/fruit_zps42659275.jpg

Last edited by Aegonis3 (2/09/2014 1:35 am)

2/09/2014 7:56 am  #25

My favorite part--"Sometimes you just have to pick yourself up and carry on."

Beautiful!

3/26/2014 11:51 am  #26

Moved here from Roth Show thread. This is an analysis of one of their sermons.
The Love Of God: To Saints And Sinners by Jake Gardner

Micah68 wrote:

http://therothshow.com/2014/02/church-of-wells-digging-spiritual-financial-and-physical-graves-for-members/

Pastor David Goodwin of the Falvery Memorial Methodist Church in Wells, Texas described his conversation with the Church of Wells elders and was stunned when an elder explained they don't believe in John 3:16, 17, or 18.

John 3:16, 17 and 18:   “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17: For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  18: Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.”

A search of the Church of Wells website shows that even though they include hundreds of out of context Bible verses and references in everything they write, they only have 1 reference to John 3:16 and none for John 3:17 or John 3:18

(The one reference to John 3:16 is a for a 1 hour and 30 min. audio sermon about this verse and explaining how everyone else mis-applies this verse because the verse does not explain the requirement for a marked change in lifestyle.)

The Love Of God:  To Saints And Sinners by Jake Gardner
http://www.thechurchofwells.com/the-love-of-god-to-saints-and-sinners.html

Micah68 wrote:

The Love Of God:  To Saints And Sinners by Jake Gardner

Here are some of his misleading points:

Around 8 min:
- The love of God should not be cast at the feet of swine.

Around 16 min:
- What must we do to be saved?  Must have a saving relationship with Jesus that marks their lives where moment by moment they are communing with God.  This is salvation.

Around 23 Min:
- A prophet cries out to a backslidden generation and with the voice of a trumpet show people their sins.
(This is why people think they are prophets)

Around 29 Min.
- The love of God is that God hates all workers of inequity. (Psalm 5:4-5)

Around 40 Min.
- DL Moody - A guest pastor named Henry Morehouse preached 7 times that God loves the worst sinners based on John 3:16.  And DL Moody initially said that the guest pastor is wrong because he did not preach about God's wrath.  Then DL Moody changes his mind thought out the next week and changes his preaching to the Love of God.

Around 48 Min.
- If what I am saying can be backed up by the Word of God, then you are hearing God.
(He forgot to mention that he only selects out of context Bible verses that support what he is saying and leaves out the verses that contridict what he is saying.)

- Around 1 Hr. 17 Min.
If you really loved Christ, you will gladly forsake every other love including your family and everything carnal.

3/26/2014 12:10 pm  #27

Clarification - Micah68 is referring to a specific paragraph written by Laurie Roth about Wells pastor David Goodwin:

"Like any real and good Pastor, he went to talk with elders directly to find out how they defined salvation and Biblical truth – to see for himself what they were about. I was stunned when he reported in one conversation with an elder regarding the definition of Salvation, the elder said the Church of Wells doesn’t acknowledge or believe in John 3:16, 17 or 18."

Roth doesn't quote Goodwin in her blog post.

Board footera