Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/21/2013 9:34 am  #11

Re: Condescension of God

Here is my opinion. Not only do the leaders of CoW LOVE to hear themselves speak, they consider themselves excellent writers AND......think that by writing in this most convoluted way, peppering their writings or speech with big words as well as throwing scripture after scripture after scripture at someone without it being in context OR have any correlation to each other, that they are smarter than everyone else.

They have convinced their followers that they alone, the leaders of CoW, know all and have a unique, direct line to God. Their sheeple couldn't possibly make sense of it so let the leaders make sense of it for them.

There are so many words to describe this state of affairs.....sad, repulsive, but mainly, they are in the grasp of the enemy. I know it and believe it with all of my heart. However, God is bigger. It's a matter of time.

11/21/2013 10:06 am  #12

I agree, God's Child. They talk so fast and so loud and constantly use King James "speakeze", they dazzle em with dung. After listening for awhile, you feel like your head is spinning. They sure sound convincing.

11/21/2013 5:10 pm  #13

Part of this 'writing style' and their strategy is to type key words into some kind of bible resource search engine application program, which delivers scripture references as 'hits'. So then you can copy all this scripture and string it all together as an essay on "blood of the lamb" or "fear" or whatever.

Unreadable. Scripture out of context. Interpreted and spun at will.

Personally, I see (or read or hear) nothing Shakespearian. Content, tone, metre, rhythm, metric. Nothing at all.

11/21/2013 5:49 pm  #14

The more I talk to them and the more I read their writings, the more conviced I am that they really aren't all that smart- especially when it comes to Scripture. They are by no means good interpreters of Scripture. They seem incapable or unwilling to read Scripture in context unless it suits their current rant. They cannot see the full narrative of God's Word.

While they may be good manipulators they are POOR theologians, communicators and writers. Their pride will not allow them to do anything else. They have set themselves up, especially Sean, as the interpretive key to Scripture.

11/21/2013 6:58 pm  #15

While they may be good manipulators they are POOR theologians, communicators and writers.

You're absolutely correct. I think most of their biblical education stops at the 2-year level. It's the biblical equivalent of trade school. 

They talk so fast and so loud and constantly use King James "speakeze", they dazzle em with dung.

It's a credibility thing. If they talk-the-talk, people will believe you walk-the-walk. Most are socialized to believe that their way of speaking is "what holy people sound like." It's a credibility thing. It is the same thing as a doctor or auto mechanic speaking in a ways we can't understand (outside of the industry). "Gosh, he is using all these big words that I will never understand - he must be right!" 

11/21/2013 10:00 pm  #16

I have noticed in conversation that some of the members do not complete their sentences or complete a thought.  There is an odd mannerism of halting in midsentence, as if listening for someone in a bluetooth conversaiton to guide them how to finish the sentence.  Has anyone else had this experience?  I've seen the same habit in at least three of them.  I am not sure if they have something memorized or if they are trying to piece together segments of sermons, but it is a bit creepy and very hard to stay engaged and polite. 

Heb 4:12

11/21/2013 10:02 pm  #17

Sam said, " Personally, I see (or read or hear) nothing Shakespearian. Content, tone, metre, rhythm, metric. Nothing at all."

Sam, not so much the poetic rhythm but more thematic.  "Tragedy" as a classic genre or theme.  What do you make of it? 

Heb 4:12

11/22/2013 7:49 pm  #18

There's nothing here to compare with Shakespeare. To me, there's no basis for comparison or platform to discuss it, and a pointless intellectual exercise. Not meaning to be insulting or churlish, 2Peter, just saying what I think straight out. Might as well compare them to Voltaire. Tolstoy?

They are clearly and obviously copying the voice and writing style of the Puritan reformationist/reconstruction dudes they worship. Even Martin Luther. That's it. That's the style.

All of their stuff reads like poorly-educated flim-flam that they've gotten away with. It's so overwhelming that even theologians have difficulty sorting through it. So everyone just goes, yeah, sounds right...

Yeah, no, it doesn't sound right, in fact. It gives the impression that it sounds right. You have to invest time and energy to look at it under a microscope. I spent a fair bit of time. I call bullshit on all of it.

When you listen to their sermons, they verbalize differently than the writings. All of 'em. The writing is one voice. Their sermons are in their own voices. Nowhere near as profound and literary. I keep wondering who the ghost writer is. Is it one of the women? Holly Pearce?

I'll take the writing a little more seriously when I read a "y'all" in there somewhere.

11/22/2013 8:02 pm  #19

It's my understanding that Holly does all the proof reading.

And I am so with you on the 'y'all'! They could even throw in a "fixin to" since they are in deep East Texas.

11/22/2013 8:05 pm  #20

They say "y'all" continuously in their sermons and addressing people. Like in Ben Tinsley's interviews.

Board footera