Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/27/2013 9:08 pm  #11

Re: The beginning - Arlington

Wellstx, you are spot on about them saying whatever is convenient for them that best serves their purposes. 

8/27/2013 9:11 pm  #12

Hythlodaeus wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Getting them out of harm's way??

Naw. Not harm's way. That plays too much to their need for persecution. They MUST be persecuted to be Godly, according to their beliefs.

Getting his wife out of earshot of logic and reason. They can't allow the women to hear anything reasonable and rational from the outside world, or it would ruin their whole deal. 

Good point Hythlodaeus, I'd bet the Mrs. hasn't hear a reasonable conversation in quite some time.  The townfolk were sure making themselves heard last night.

8/27/2013 9:21 pm  #13

I can't remember if it was Sean or Jake, doesn't really matter, who came out yelling out the crowd, "It's obvious that ya'll came for war tonight."  Pretty stupid statement to make in town full of rednecks, crazies,  conservatives, and real Christians who'll stick to their guns, no pun intended, and don't always welcome outsiders who make trouble.  As the saying goes, "They may have shit in their nest last night."  Pardon my langauge.

8/27/2013 10:08 pm  #14

wellstx wrote:

"It's obvious that ya'll came for war tonight."

I love your language. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

It's from this. "I am for peace; but when I speak, they are for war."

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t570/cowfam/Untitled-1.gif

Their skewed perceptions are fixed from the rhetoric they tell themselves, tell each other, and preach over and over and over. They have a catechism of generalizations about other people, other beliefs. They overstate ideas and concepts in a juvenile way, adolescent hyperbole. Everybody is on drugs. Everbody is sexually charged and promiscuous. Everybody rejects God, the Bible, on and on. They have convinced themselves that these generalizations are all true, all the time. 

8/27/2013 11:21 pm  #15

That testimony about laughter... that explains why Jake was so sullen and rude the time that I met him.

8/28/2013 6:45 am  #16

Wait I can't laugh or smile if I join the Cult of, I mean Church of Wells?  I have, or get to do what these three incredibly young, angry, mis-guided, over priveleged elders tell me to?  I can't have contact with my family or old friends?  Wow, I wish I'd heard of this sooner, where the Hell do I sign up?  Oh, yea in Wells at the R&R Grocery Store.  I hear they're having a sale on Kool-Aid this week!!  Boys you are not welcome here, this town already had enough crazies.  I think I just heard God tell yall to pack up and move to somewhere in New England.

Last edited by wellstx (8/28/2013 12:19 pm)

8/28/2013 10:34 am  #17

We are praying God will grant more and more of His wisdom to the 100 folks in Wells who protest the CofW (and all others who stand with them in agreement). We (my family and I) stand with you. May God direct you. Trust Him and obey Him. Do not hesitate from action. Seek wise counsel, pray and act. The truth will set you free.

The truth can set the cult members free, too (if only they would listen to it).

Declare the mighty works of God. Praise Him among the people. Let the whole town know "Our God reigns!"

It says in the Bible, "Rejoice in the Lord always" and "the joy of the Lord is your strength". Understand what is the joy of the Lord. It is a smile and much, much more. It is victorious laughter. Faith is the victory that overcomes the world. The patriarchs walked by faith, and you can do so, too. You have spiritual warfare in that town.

With your effective walk of faith (well-pleasing to God), the enemy encamped among the CofW people is overcome! Take it to heart ... understand the promises from God's Word ... stand on them and "walk on water" because of them.

I love you all. May God be with you.

8/28/2013 4:04 pm  #18

Thank you, berryjam. That is very encouraging and I agree completely.

8/29/2013 8:21 am  #19

The situation with Catherine Grove is VERY VERY serious and her parents are deeply concerned about her. They have been in Wells for a number of weeks now and, over and over, the so called 'elders' of this cult have not allowed any communication.

I have known Catherine for years. This is not like Catherine. She would never give up a chance to be with her parents. If anyone from the 'Church of Wells' is reading this - please let Catherine see her parents!

8/29/2013 5:58 pm  #20

berryjam wrote:

And of course, you understand Don Courville's 'church covering' no longer covers CofW.

I wonder about that. The Courvilles are awfully tight with this group. There's a pretty close-knit overlapping circle that includes the Courville family, the family of "Shawn The Baptist" (Shawn Holes, Idaho), and Victor Prieter's street-preaching ministry, as well as a handful of mid-west preacher families.
I have to think that if their fathers withdrew support, the adult children wouldn't disobey him with an association. 

Board footera