Church of Wells/YMBBA Ministries

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/22/2012 10:58 am  #11

Re: Discussion - Part 1

I don't think they felt like you were a threat. Just like I am not threatening to them. Hythlodaeus and aegonis were questioning and getting too close to the truth. Just my thoughts.

12/22/2012 1:44 pm  #12

I was accused of "attacking" another member. When, in reality, all I (unsuccessfully) posted was a reminder to Chris99 that throwing out insults and accusations towards the Wells members will drive them farther away; and that we need to act in love despite how hurt we are. This Chris99 person posted how she "says anything out of her mouth that pops in her head," and I cautioned her to "be quick to listen and slow to speak."

Yep... So, I'll exhort you all here that even though we're hurt and longing for our loved ones, we can't use this as a "water-cooler" to insult them. Rather, we need to discuss and be prayerful in love. Rest assured, they WILL be reading once they find it.(I am okay with this.)

I also kept asking for a definitive answer to why Hytho was Troll according to "the rules." Obviously no answer was given and I, too, was Troll.

Well - thanks Hytho for making this! I can't message members of RickRoss. Can someone invite ChildOfGod? Her daughter is married to my (former) best friend.

12/22/2012 3:39 pm  #13

Wow, glad to see everyone else felt a need, too.

I genuinely don't know what that was all about. I asked specifically what I said that was forbidden or inappropriate. The response was being Troll. Yeah, KJ is quite right. There's something more to it.
And it could always be really really simple - that particular person's need to keep the "captain's chair" and be authoritative and in charge. It is the personal website of one individual who trades in being a recognized expert.

I dunno.

I think it reflects wisdom and all things 'good intentions' to be concerned about dialogue that "drives away" Wells members. I hear that. I can appreciate that. That's clear-headed thinking.
That said, I don't personally feel a priority to "act in love" or to censor myself or change what I think in order to reach out to them through this forum. That isn't the purpose of the dialogue. I'm not here to tailor my speech to accommodate an unknown listener.

I do feel that "tough love" and honest conversation - airing all thoughts, feelings, questions - serves a purpose. It's real. Feedback and response from others is valid and useful.

We can keep a running conversation that naturally veers off here and there. We can start a Rant thread of its own. Any thoughts?

My preference is to just let it flow ~

12/22/2012 3:42 pm  #14

Please do share this forum anywhere, with anyone. "Invite" anyone you please.

12/22/2012 10:31 pm  #15

I say, let it flow...

A rant page sounds good.

Today has NOT been a good day and I have been weepy all day. Dang it, just when I think I have it all together, a song comes on or we see kids looking at Christmas lights...I just miss my grandkids!

12/23/2012 2:24 am  #16

Church of Wells deconstructed...

What is it? A newly-founded NRM (New Religious Movement) newly headquartered in Wells, Texas. The group lives communally, with multiple families, children and singles occupying several homes and apartments.

Theology - Early 17th-century English/Scottish protestant. Reformation-era 'Separatist' Puritan beliefs. Exclusive use of the King James Bible. Use of 17th-century allegorical novel "Pilgrim's Progress" as doctrinal tenets.

Background -   Started by a group of early-20s young men as 'You Must Be Born Again' Ministries in 2010-2011. Three main guys who founded the group identify themselves as "Elders." A single identified "Deacon" position filled by a slightly older man from New York. An expanded cohort group of young men with wives and a few single men and women who move to Texas to build the group. Singles are paired up within the group and encouraged to quickly marry.
The collective noticeably comprises all young adults, mostly previous college students who participated in a revival tradition of "open-air" street preaching missions. They were earnest and Godly kids raised in mainstream protestant churches and evangelical Bible-based Christian teachings. They went to Sunday School, Christian youth camps, some of 'em attended Bible colleges and church-affiliated private schools and universities. They were genuinely good kids working very hard to lead good lives and make wholesome choices, from solid middle-class American backgrounds or privileged wealthy families. Recruits are from all parts of the U.S., all young and mostly Caucasian.

Economics - No visible means of income. The six founders incorporated a for-profit corporation in June 2012. Four newly-created subsidiary small businesses are owned/operated/managed by the group, presumably with revenue supporting the collective - two lawn/landscape businesses, a construction company and a 10,000 square-foot grocery store. Land and homes have been purchased, business venture capital procured by some means.

Other -
» The leaders are college- and trade-educated, ranging from business and arts degrees to computer technology, web design and film/music production.
» Rigid gender-specific roles. Men are the "head," women are subordinate. Men are to lead and teach; women are to be submissive and obedient in all things.
» Men have a well-groomed appearance and wear contemporary clothing styles. Women and girls are casually-groomed, dresses only, unstyled hair, no makeup or artifice. Some affect Amish/Mennonite/FLDS-type clothing with braided hair and hair coverings.
» Belief in power of prayer in faith-healing and the ability to resurrect life after death. Rationalization of outcome as 'God's will'.
» Children don't attend school. Births are home births.
» Consider Christmas celebration to be pagan devil worship and ungodly.

What they do or believe                        │               Why                                           

• 17th-century Early Modern English speech and syntax affectation.   │ I don't know.

• Everyone is sinful, born sinful, without possible   │   I don't know.
redemption unless one joins Church of Wells.

• Separation from the world                                 │   Biblical command to exist separately from the sinful and unsaved,                                                                                  to avoid corruption.

• Separation from family and friends                    │   Biblical command to prove loyalty to God.
                                                                            Sacrifice of mother and father.

• No one who thinks they are "saved" really is.     │   I don't know.

Last edited by Admin (12/23/2012 2:33 am)

12/23/2012 8:15 am  #17

That pretty much hits the nail on the head!

12/24/2012 9:51 am  #18

Merry Christmas Eve!

12/24/2012 3:02 pm  #19

The reason why people are being Troll is because there is only one opinion that others want to hear.They want you to bend to their way of thinking. Yes, there is a huge problem in the Church of Wells. The Wells people are being told what to think, how to feel, what to believe. That is a cult.On the other site, people are being told what to say, what to think and what to believe. No opinion counts unless the leader of that site agrees. If you dont follow the "rules" out you go!! Its sad. Everything and anything that can be said about the Wells group, big or small, will help all to understand what is going on. How to help. Hopefully open some eyes in the Wells group. And in other controlled groups too. And if the Wells group does read this site, I know I and some others would LOVE to hear what you have to say.

12/25/2012 11:27 pm  #20

Aegonis3.... this is Chris99. I can back up what i say!!! Fyi: i didnt make a compaint about YOU or anyone else. And, i will continue to say what's on my mind!!! Sorry if you don't like it darlin

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Board footera